Video Topics for Your Brand | Video Marketing
How many times have you googled how to make ice cream and four hours later caught yourself watching a video of a way too old Asian lady with broken English opening up Disney toys? That's really a thing. Believe me.
Because 55% of us watch videos everyday and because having video on your website gets you ranked 58% higher than a website with text alone, you need to add video into your marketing - stat.
Sometimes we creative business owners think that video is just for the how-to's of a product or that it needs to be a professionally made three minute long film telling our why story. Both of those are absolutely wonderful. The Why Film (what I call a brand film) is becoming essential, even. But video can be about almost anything.
Are you a nutrition expert thinking about writing your own cookbook? Start producing a once a week cooking video.
Are you a baker who specializes in intricate hand decorated cookies? Make a video of you decorating a cookie to show all of the detail that goes into it.
Are you a fashion blogger who shows women how to style low priced outfits to look high priced? Then create a video showing them exactly why you choose the pieces you do.
Here are 10 ways you can incorporate video into your marketing today!
Do as I say, not as I do. I'm working on these in between clients, I promise! :)
- Tutorials - how to cook an egg, how to paint a flower, how to choose a book
- Answer the most common questions you get
- Make your About page into a video
- Show a behind the scenes look at your life or business
- Share your screen - if you do some kind of work on the computer, show your readers your workflow. Mac has a built in screen recorder, or Camtasia is a program people seem to love.
- Share your why
- Share how you started in your business
- Show your favorite business app
- Share a weekly goal
- Have your clients give video testimonials - this might include some bribing to get them on screen.
Social Video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Bright Cove) Can you really afford not to start using video in your marketing? Remember, it doesn't have to be difficult, expensive, or nerve wracking. Get to work and tag your video with #ShowYourStory on Instagram so we can all follow along!
And if you are interested in creating video for yourself, but don't know how to get started, check out my From Bland to Branded Video course. It's the perfect way to get help planning, styling, scripting, filming, and editing today.
Want 30 More Video Topics, including Fill in the Blank Titles? Sign up for the newsletter and get it immediately!